The Peoples Building, on the corner of Lee and Summers Streets in downtown Charleston, West Virginia, was completed in 1926. It was built by the Kanawha Investment Company, founded in 1908, which still owns and manages the building today.
The ground floor facade is of detailed cast iron, topped with a beltline made up of limestone copings. Interior offices feature mahogany-finished hardwood doors, window frames and cornice/picture moldings. The management has taken great pains to preserve, as much as possible, the original exterior and interior architecture of the building.